With Microsoft Power BI we can quickly connect to our data and visualize as much or as little as we like and creates stunning reports and dashboards to help get insights into the business, which helps to make decisions. To make decisions we need data, that only the business data. In this article, we will discuss about Power BI.
Power BI is designed by Microsoft. Project Crescent was the initial name later it was renamed to Power BI by Microsoft on September 2013 for Office 365.
Power BI Eco-System
- Power BI Desktop – Designed for On-Premises.
- Power BI Service – Serves as SaaS. Formerly it was known as Power BI for Office 365.
- Power BI Mobile Apps – Serves in both Android and iOS devices.
- Power BI Gateway – Used to sync external data in and out of Power BI.
- Power BI Embedded – Provides set of REST APIs that can be used to build insight Dashboards and reports in the custom applications.
- Power BI Report Server – An on-premises reporting solution.
- Power BI Premium – An enterprise solution
- Power BI Visuals Marketplace – A custom visuals and R-powered visuals
Why Power BI
Let’s look some of the features of Power BI,
- Data Analysis – Power BI provides options to collect data from Cloud or locally. It provides an easy access to data and we can explore data quickly.
- Interactive Reporting – Interactive Reporting’s more powerful features satisfy advanced users’ requirements to create dynamic, multidimensional queries, charts and reports, drill-down between dimensions, apply ad-hoc filters and set user defined periods and date ranges.
- Financial Overview – Power BI gives full picture of our data across different data source and hence we can see all the financial data in a single row
- User Friendly Tools – With many useful tools, we can explore the underlying data, which makes it easy to find exactly what we needed.
- Data Visualization – With Power BI we can be creative and productive. Combine data from various databases, files and web services with the visual tools in Power BI and gain unique insight into our data.
The other benefits of using Power BI are,
- Quickly and Easily access to our data
- Data search and exploration
- Insight into data from all types of devices
- Ability to work across the company
- Live dashboard monitoring
- A consolidated clear overview
- Informed business decision making
- Easy monitoring of performance
- Integration to well-known products, such as Excel
Users of Power BI
Power BI can be used by any kind of people within a business. However its mainly used by Business Intelligence (BI) professionals in an organisation, to create data models and reports.
Why People use Power BI
Power BI is the next level in business intelligence. With Power BI, businesses can assemble, examine, and visualize data from across the different data source share it with anyone.
Power BI Competitors
- Google Data Studio Reviews
- SAP Business Objects Business Intelligence (BI) Platform Reviews
- IBM Cognos Analytics Reviews
- Qlik Sense Reviews
- MicroStrategy Analytics Reviews
- Alteryx Platform Reviews
- TIBCO Spotfire Reviews
- SAP Analytics Cloud Reviews
- Amazon QuickSight Reviews
In this article, we have discussed about the Power BI, why we need Power BI and an overview of Power BI. I assume this helped you all and made you to “Get started with Power BI”. Let’s discuss more about Power BI in our upcoming article and please feel free to share your feedback in the comment section.